3 years ago
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That's why people love us.
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
Metabase is looking for an Analytics Engineer to support our team.
This role will be a key part of the operations team, using the disparate data sources we have on our customer base, customer onboarding, and community intelligence to better understand our users, their needs and what we should do to better help our customers.
Things you'll do :
- Iteratively refine our data, build models and help spread data throughout the team
- Organize our datasets and do complex transforms using SQL & Python.
- Dig into data, answer questions
- Teach the others on your team to fish
- Collaborate day to day with business users, designers, product managers and engineers
- A bit of everything from data ingestion, modeling, analysis, science, story telling, and even data engineering if interested or AI/ML in the future.
Things we're looking for :
- Strong data science / analysis skills
- Deep fluency in expressing business processes using models and charts.
- Extremely strong SQL skills (100+ lines of complex SQL queries/models)
- 5+ years as an analytics engineer, data analyst, data scientist, data engineer or similar role
- BS in CS/CE, Math, Economics or equivalent technical degree preferred
- Familiarity with Metabase and other Business Intelligence Tools
- Good writing & Python coding skills
- Experience a plus: B2B SaaS, open source, dbt, Postgres/Redshift, Fivetran, dlt, dimensional modeling, data engineering, AI/ML
We're a global team (50% outside the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to California), who get things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers. We offer flexibility (define your own schedule and work from wherever you want), autonomy, and an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development. We're relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.