What this job can offer you
- Manage a quickly growing and business-critical team.
- Increase the level of team maturity. Mentor and inspire, give and seek feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, as well as new functions and features.
- Contribute to hiring and retaining product designers; help to shape the team culture.
- Ability to provide clear feedback and direction to designers on your team without being overly prescriptive.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining our design system, participate in team critiques and reviews, assist in user research, organize customer events and design workshops.
What you bring
- You have experience developing designers’ skills and careers.
- An impressive portfolio showcasing a clear understanding of simplicity, typography, interactions and product design.
- You have experience recruiting and building product design teams.
- Proven experience of advocacy for the customer and applying user research insights to your design.
- Demonstrates an elevated and expanded expertise in their role and best practices.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Effectively prioritizing and delivering their role's expected outcomes and proactively assisting colleagues where needed to help the team's success.
- One who cares deeply about diversity and inclusion.
- You'll report to: Product Design Director
- Team: Product Design
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply, but we will prioritise applications from specific regions of the world as we encourage our teams to diversify
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $52,300 - $176,600K. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with another manager
- Interview with cross functional partners and team members (no managers present)
- Second interview with cross functional partners and potential direct reports (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)