KernelCare, CloudLinux’s fastest-growing product, provides automated kernel security updates without reboots for most popular Linux distributions. It ensures optimal performance and uptime by allowing hosting providers and enterprises to keep kernels up-to-date with all security patches while keeping servers online.
Work is fully remote, with flexible hours, where you can plan your day and work from anywhere in the world.
More details about the project you can find on the product website TuxCare.com
As our Senior Python Developer you will;
- Get hands-on with developing our cutting-edge KernelCare products using Python.
- Ensure the quality of your code by writing comprehensive unit tests with Python and/or functional tests.
- Collaborate with your colleagues by reviewing their code through Gerrit.
- Contribute to the growth of our products through architecture development and creating detailed technical documentation for new features.
- Dive into reported issues from our clients, partners, or support team to investigate and find solutions.
- Work closely with our 3rd level support team, providing consultations and assistance on matters related to KernelCare products.
To be successful you should have;
Experience with ClickHouse is a must
4+ years of Python programming experience.
Experience with System programming Sockets, filesystem, process management.
GNU/Linux operating system and shell scripting experience.
Experience with git-based development processes.
Intermediate level of English language.
It would be ideal if you also know;
- Ansible, Jenkins.
- rpm/deb package management (writing rpm spec, deb rules).
- C language.
- Python frameworks: Flask, SQLAlchemy.
In addition you should be;
- Quick to learn and proactive.
- Highly self-motivated, determined to accomplish set goals.
- Able to independently analyze tasks and identify optimal solutions.
- Skilled at collaboration and working effectively in teams.
What's in it for you?
- A focus on professional development;
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Flexible working hours
- Paid one month vacation per year and unlimited sick leave
- Medical insurance reimbursement
- Co-working and gym/sports reimbursement
- The opportunity to receive a reward for the most innovative idea that the company can patent