We are looking for a highly motivated Lead UI/UX Engineer to join the Voltron Data team. On the team, you’ll own the roadmap for highly visible UI projects for Voltron Data customers. You will work closely with Voltron Data Enterprise Integrations team and contribute to the API stack when required. Additionally, you will drive usability conversations on user-facing customer offerings with the Voltron Data Product and Design teams.
While Voltron Data is a world-wide remote organization, the desired working location is within the United States.
Why work at Voltron Data?
- We are Going for Impact: We are a Series A, venture-backed startup assembling a global team to build a new foundation for data analytics with Apache Arrow. This foundation will usher in a wave of innovation in data processing that can take full advantage of the speed and efficiency offered by modern hardware.
- We are Committed to Bridging Open Source Communities: We are a collection of open source maintainers who have been driving open source ecosystems over the last 15 years, particularly in the C++, Python, and R programming ecosystems.
- We are Building a Diverse, Inclusive Company: We are creating a representative, equitable, and respectful workplace that prioritizes employee growth. Everyone at Voltron Data is bought into the company’s success; all voices are critical to shaping the organization’s future.
What you’ll do:
- Learn the various components of the Voltron Data Enterprise Integrations stack.
- Contribute to existing UI initiatives and provide feedback on usability improvements.
- Work closely with the Design team to implement styling and branding deliverables from Figma.
- Extend the API layer and propose additions / modifications when appropriate.
- Plan and organize future initiatives around extending Voltron Data’s UI product offerings.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience crafting user journeys and gathering feedback from users.
- Strong proficiency with HTML and CSS.
- Previous experience with React or React-based systems such as Next.js
- Experience working in cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Past experience developing and deploying services in containerized environments.
- Experience with end-to-end testing frameworks such as Cypress.
- Previous experience working with design and prototyping tools such as Figma or Adobe XD.
Previous experience that could be helpful:
- Experience building microservices for cloud environments in languages such as Golang, Rust, Typescript, etc.
- Past experience working with various authentication providers such as Okta, Google, etc. as well as OAuth 2.0 flows.
- Experience implementing responsive layouts for multiple display sizes.
- Experience with observability tools such as OpenTelemetry.
- Past experience with Kubernetes.
US Compensation - The salary range for this role is between $170,000 to $190,000. We have a global market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the exact base pay will vary based on factors such as actual work location, skills and experience of the candidate. This position is also eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards.